Monday, October 28, 2019

Editing

At first, I didn’t know how to edit. It was complicated and wasn’t very fast feeling. Then I got the hang of it. Our commercial was 1 minute unedited. We quickly realized we had way to much to work with and every take relies on the other. We had to do some reworking. I didn’t go first for editing because we were going two people in the group at a time.We did this because we didn’t have enough space on the computer. While the others worked, I watched to see how they edited. I learned pretty quick.

When it was my turn to go, I didn’t think it was that hard to edit. When I sat down I realized that it was harder than I thought. I did manage to trim some stuff. There was still 55 seconds left after cutting a big chunk. I couldn’t think to do anything. As me and my teammate edited, I saw that we could cut out two takes. If we did this we could get down to 40 seconds. We did it but then we had to get down to 30. We traded with our other teammates. They got it to 30 in time.

I learned a lot about editing. I could select places that I wanted to watch. I could cut stuff out. I could move the takes around. We could add transitions. We could put sounds. We could put music. Next class we plan on finishing. We are going to add the sounds and music later. We are going to export it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Part B exam

In relation to the media area you have studied, discuss the ways audience consumption has changed over time.     Not until the past few ...